The two teams from West Flanders meet in a crucial match at the Guldensporenstadion on Friday, September 29th.
By Sajesh Pate Thursday, 28 September 2023
– Kortrijk have won 20 of the last 37 meetings between the two teams. – Cercle Brugge have won 10 times, with the remaining seven matches drawn. – Cercle Brugge are unbeaten in their last five games against Kortrijk, winning four and drawing one.
– Kortrijk have made a poor start to the season, winning just two of their opening eight matches. – They are currently rooted to the bottom of the Jupiler League table, with just two points from a possible 24. – Kortrijk have scored just six goals in their eight matches this season, the lowest tally in the league.
– Cercle Brugge have had a more mixed start to the season, winning four, drawing four, and losing four of their opening eight matches. – They are currently 12th in the Jupiler League standings, with 12 points from a possible 24. – Cercle Brugge have scored 13 goals in their eight matches this season, the 10th-highest tally in the league.
– Cercle Brugge are the favorites to win this match, given their superior form and head-to-head record. – However, Kortrijk will be desperate to get their first win of the season, so they should not be underestimated. – Our prediction is a 2-1 win for Cercle Brugge.
– If you are looking for a safe bet, you could back Cercle Brugge to win the match. – However, if you are looking for a higher return, you could back Cercle Brugge to win 2-1 or 3-1. – You could also back both teams to score, as this has happened in four of the last five meetings between the two teams.
– You could back Cercle Brugge's forward Denkey to score first in the match. He has scored five goals in his last eight matches for Cercle Brugge. – You could also back Kortrijk's midfielder Vandenberghe to be carded in the match. He has been carded four times in his last eight matches for Kortrijk.
– All betting tips are for entertainment purposes only and should not be taken as financial advice. – Please gamble responsibly and only bet what you can afford to lose.